In the present day world, the need and demand of people for newer mobile applications have taken a toll on their pocket. Thinking of spending huge bucks can be nerve-wracking at times. But to stay ahead in today's mobile-dominated world, investing in mobile app development has become a necessity for many.
In today's world, people are always on the move and they are using the diverse mobile platforms to make their move an efficient one. People are using mobile applications to get just any information they need. Therefore, for businesses intending to expand their consumer base, mobile app development seems like a perfect choice.
Today, it's a proven fact that the first place a customer go for searching a product is online. So, if you have your business presence online and own the app that your target market wants and can download easily to their devices, your business is bound to flourish. In simple words, a mobile app can be a pertinent marketing tool. There are a plethora of benefits that you can get to enjoy, by investing in mobile apps for your business such as:
1. Helps build brand-loyalty
2. Increase your presence over diverse mobile platforms
3. Connect you to customers searching for your app, thereby increasing sell-through and much more.
There are several mobile platforms that are available today such as iOS, Windows, Android etc. Among all, android is the most popular among the software companies and the developers, who need to attain a low-cost, high-on-quality and customizable operating system.
Need for Android Mobile Application Development
What makes android app development a must-have for businesses is its easy-to-handle nature. Besides, android possess a number of applications that can be installed free of cost through the popular app store "Google Play". Android operating system is anticipated to carry on to rule the mobile landscape for years to come, which further makes it a preferable choice among those thinking of developing them.
We've already seen growth of astounding number of android apps, which you can use for your business. But investing in the most anticipated one ensures higher ROI. Have a look at some of the free android apps that will do wonders for your business:
Instagram: Starting its voyage from a simple photo-sharing application, Instagram today has created a stir in the web world. This application allows the users:
To click pictures
To sieve out relevant pictures by applying the essential filters
Sharing them on the various social networking sites
Instagram is a simple, yet highly effective way that allows you to share world's moments on your android-powered device.
1. Locale: Are you someone who is tired of listening to embarrassing ringtone in the middle of your meeting? Then, Locale app can be a lifesaver. This app automatically put your android device on silent phone when you're in a meeting. And, put back your mobile phone on ringing tone on your way back home. In addition to this, locale app comes with power-consumption feature, which when enabled, automatically turns-off the so-called power-hungry components when your phone battery is about to die.
2. GDocs: GDocs has become an integral part of almost every business or organization for working on the documents. This app is available on android device as well, which gives you better access over your Google documents online, compared to a web browser.
3. Bump: Tired of filtering contact information or photos and then sending them over to the recipient from your device? Then you can take a sigh of relief with the advent of Bump. This app allows you to exchange contact information or pictures between two mobile phones merely by bumping them together.
The list doesn't end here! There are several other astounding numbers of apps that can be used for businesses like Google Voice, Jolicloud, Meebo and many others. You can select one that suits your business requirement.
As per International Data Corporation (IDC), Android platform has crossed 80% shares in the market. Compared to 211.6 million smartphones, Android still continues to maintain its leading position in the market. This is a testament to the fact that developing android applications can help businesses, hoping to maximize their market reach.
The main reason behind popularity of the Android platform is the fact that is an open source system. And thus, it allows the operating systems to be manageable through several mobile devices. On the other hand, Apple iOS is merely compatible with iPhones and iPads.
The android app development platform has opened up new opportunities for enterprises. From developing appealing games, to creating business applications and much more, android app development bequeaths customers with infinite options. Even popular businesses such as eBay, Amazon to name a few, started marketing and selling their merchandise using the mobile apps, since these apps provided them with cost-effective and successful way to reach out to customers.
Benefits of Android App Development to Enterprises
There are a plethora of benefits that android application offers:
1. Easy-to-Use Interface: Android provides an easy-to-use application development interface that can perform several tasks like testing, selling distributing and promoting apps, in accordance to client requirements. For an instance, applications can be build utilizing Software Development Kit (i.e. SDK) and can be tested making use of Android integrated testing framework. Furthermore, the apps once developed are distributed through Google play store.
2. Enhances Reach to Targeted Audience: According to a poll, around 700 million android powered devices have been purchased so far. And it is assumed that this mark will reach to 1 billion by the end of this year. Thereby, making android as the largest mobile operating platform in the world. Thus businesses can develop applications, creating copious opportunities to maximize their reach to android users, looking for exactly what they offer.
3. Consistent Updates: Android is an open source system, and due to this, regular updates are made by Google. Each update focuses on ways to make better versions in the series of android applications. As a result with each update you get the advantage of acquiring a much better android app.
Some Useful Android Apps for Enterprises
Once you have reviewed the several benefits that android application development proffers, let's have a quick look at some of the powerful and useful apps for businesses.
Call For Calendar
This is a new app that has been added to Google Play Store. It is laden with several features, be it changing a view from month to weekday or changing appointment, there is a lot that this business calendar can offer.
This is the most anticipated social media app till date. It has become a hot favorite among businesses and a noteworthy part of their SEO and content marketing strategies.
For businesses, keeping up-to-date about everything happening around them is the most crucial factor. Flipboard is another useful app for businesses that pulls in information from the popular news feeds such as BBC and USA Today and from social feeds posted in your social networks, thereby bringing only relevant news that you will be interested in.
The list of apps doesn't end here. There are various other apps available in the marketplace, which you can choose as per your requirements.
As usual, the Google Play store has seen several new additions this year (2016) as well. In such a scenario, it has become more difficult than ever for Android users to select the best app out of the many apps in one single category. And with the prices of mobile Internet packs also being hiked, users have become more conscious than before when it comes to spending data to install apps. They want only the best. But do they have the time to read the description and user reviews? The answer is known to us all. So to ensure that the users only have top Android mobile apps(http://www.vizz.co/best-apps/best-android-apps/) on their phone, we compile a list of the best Android phone apps available at the Play Store.
Snap Me Up
The Snap Me Up gives selfie lovers one more reason (like they need any) to click themselves. It's a unique alarm app which will only stop after a selfie has been taken. The app can also be uses as a general alarm app but it would defeat its purpose.
Earlier compatible only with Windows smartphones, the Mix Radio is now avaialble at the Google Play store. Within a few Days of its launch, the app climbed to the top of the list of Android phone apps in the music category. The Mix Radio app allows you to create personalized radio stations for FREE from its database.
One of the top Android mobile apps in the live streaming category is the recently added Periscope. This app is used to create a live broadcast of the things that you are doing and sharing them on-the-go with the world. You can also watch live broadcast of the things that other people are doing.
One of the vintage Android phone apps, the QuizUp app was revamped this month and now emphasizes more on social interaction around gaming. The app can now also be used on Desktops.
Mistaken is a unique and fun app which when used clicks your pictures but shows you a picture of a stranger. What's great is that no account need be used to test the app's functionality.
If you wish to create a meme which sets the web world on fire then Pext is the app you need.
An update in this year 2016 has earned the SwiftKey app a place in our list of top Android mobile apps. It now supports 9 new languages and also automatically enters the user credentials.
Bundle is an app that you need to organize all the images in your phone in a single place from a specific event. Other peopoe who were a part of that specific event can also share the images that they have clicked in the same bundle.
The app flags the duplicate images on its own. The basic version of this app is free and allows unlimited storage of low resolution files. There are two other versions of the app. The $1 version app (to be launched soon) allows you to store files to an exisiting cloud storage platform of your choice, while the $5 One gives you storage space on Bundle's own cloud storage.
The Office Lens app is your very own scanner on your Android device. Besides, once you have scanned a document, you can also save it in a Word, PPT, or even a PDF format.
The Infinit app is your go-to solution when you have to share heavy audio and video files. Fret not; the app won't degrade the quality of the files by compressing them.
With the Duolingo app, you can add multiple languages to your portfolio. It is a FREE app which enables you to learn a wide variety of foreign languages in an interactive manner.
Fit Brain Trainer
As the name suggests, the Fit Brain Trainer app comes in handy to train the brain and keep it fit. The app features over 360 games which sharpen Memory, focus, and many other mental abilities.
Mentioned abovr are some of the top Android apps for the Year, 2016. If you think that some other apps should have been mentioned, feel free to drop your comments.